Gamma Partners, LLC, an interactive marketing agency, is looking for an experienced organic search professional for our growing marketing and search practice. The successful candidate will support the search needs of Gamma Partners and its clients by carrying out the responsibilities outlined below.
This job requires the applicant live in the greater Chicagoland area. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
This role includes managing and providing ongoing growth to all of Gamma’s organic search accounts. This position reports to the Director of Digital Strategy, and the role includes managing the strategy and planning of organic and local search, launching new accounts, guiding the optimization to meet specified performance objectives, reporting on performance, and managing client expectations and communications throughout the engagement. Desired Skills and Experience
- Oversee daily operation of Gamma’s client-side SEO program
- Evaluate and test existing client site content, site infrastructure, page layout, programming & server infrastructure as it applies to SEO
- Monitor organic search forums and report on past, current and upcoming changes in organic search discipline; relate those changes to client scenarios for local, mobile, and desktop site performance
- Communicate effectively with clients at all levels of sophistication about organic performance, challenges, and strategies
- Organize and lead new SEO projects
- Evolve the SEO process, work flow and governance internally
- Provide HTML Coding Guidelines, Content / Copywriting Guides, Keyword Research & Meta tag guidelines
- Create and implement SEO training as needed
- Draft unique, search optimized content to improve client content marketing initiatives and user experiences
- Monitor organic search performance and recommend changes in programs and tactics to improve results
- Communicate with both internal and external SEO teams on an ongoing basis
- Identify problems and propose solutions, set targets and guidelines and be expected to meet them, monitor performance and provide effective feedback, troubleshoot and mediate issues related to SEO and performance tracking.
- Provide regular reporting on SEO performance via analytics platforms and third party software.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 2-4 Years of SEO experience, with at least 1-2 years is focused primarily on eCommerce search projects
- Ability to align programming standards and SEO (technical SEO)
- Strong understanding of on-site and off-site SEO best practices
- Knowledge of current/past Google algorithm changes and implications
- Knowledge and hands on experience of implementing eCommerce SEO best practices
- Tech savvy and be able to identify tools and technology to solve problems
- Experience in using Google and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Strong problem solving, mediation and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and leadership skills are essential, experience in MS Excel & PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of local search and location based social media channels and how they work in the social-search ecosystem
- Strong writing skills (samples will be required)
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience with Conductor Searchlight a plus
- Google Analytics certification a plus (will be required within first 6 months of employment)
Please send a cover letter and résumé indicating relevant experience that matches Job Qualifications / Requirements as listed above is required.
THE GAMMA TEAM
Gamma Partners, LLC, a full-service interactive marketing agency with staff in Chicago, New York, Mexico, and St. Maarten. Our clients are mid- and large-cap organizations with B2B and B2C channels that present interesting segmentation and marketing challenges. Gamma brings C-suite expertise to assess holistic business problems and excels at bridging organizational gaps between marketing and IT.
Founded in 2004, our team of 60+ full-time staff is dedicated to the success of our clients. Gamma Partners offers flexible work arrangements, with staff working from home and company offices located in Bannockburn, IL. Chicago-based staff travel to local client sites for meetings on a regular basis. Some out of town travel is required for all staff throughout the year. Members of our team are mature, highly motivated self-starters who can focus on tasks through completion without significant oversight. Our work environment is collegial, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative. Gamma Partners offers competitive salaries, comprehensive medical and vision benefits, and generous paid time off allowances.
To express interest in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct applicants only please – no recruiters or agencies.