SEO Account Manager – Chicago US
Job DescriptionGamma Partners, LLC, an interactive marketing agency, is looking for an experienced organic search professional for our growing marketing and search practice. The successful candidate will support the search needs of Gamma Partners and its clients by carrying out the responsibilities outlined below.
This job requires the applicant live in the greater Chicagoland area. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position. Gamma employees have flexible remote work options both during and after their initial 3-month onboarding.
This role includes managing and providing ongoing growth to all of Gamma’s organic search accounts. This position reports to the Manager, Organic Search and Content Strategy, and the role includes managing the strategy and planning of organic and local search, launching new accounts, guiding the optimization to meet specified performance objectives, reporting on performance, and managing client expectations and communications throughout the engagement.
Desired Skills and ExperienceResponsibilities:
- Organize and lead new SEO projects
- Monitor organic search performance and recommend changes in programs and tactics to improve results
- Manage client relationships and ongoing SEO efforts
- Communicate effectively with clients at all levels of sophistication about organic performance, challenges, and strategies
- Identify problems and propose solutions, set targets and guidelines and meet them, monitor performance and provide effective feedback, troubleshoot and mediate issues related to SEO and performance tracking.
- Evaluate and test existing client site content, site infrastructure, page layout, programming & server infrastructure as it applies to SEO
- Provide technical guidelines, content / copywriting direction, keyword research & meta tag guidelines
- Evolve the SEO process, work flow and governance internally
- Provide regular reporting on SEO performance via analytics platforms and third party software.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 2-4 Years of SEO experience, with at least 1-2 years is focused primarily on eCommerce search projects
- Strong understanding of on-site and off-site SEO best practices
- Ability to align programming standards and SEO (technical SEO)
- Knowledge of current/past Google algorithm changes and implications
- Experience in using Google and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Strong problem solving, mediation and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and leadership skills are essential, experience in MS Excel & PowerPoint required
- International SEO strategy experience a plus
- Google Analytics certification a plus (will be required within first 6 months of employment)
- Web design/development background preferred
Please send a cover letter and résumé indicating relevant experience that matches Job Qualifications / Requirements as listed above is required.
THE GAMMA TEAM
Gamma Partners, LLC, a full-service interactive marketing agency with staff in Chicago, New York, Mexico, and St. Maarten. Our clients are mid- and large-cap organizations with B2B and B2C channels that present interesting segmentation and marketing challenges. Gamma brings C-suite expertise to assess holistic business problems and excels at bridging organizational gaps between marketing and IT.
Founded in 2004, our team of 100+ full-time staff is dedicated to the success of our clients. Gamma Partners offers flexible work arrangements, with staff working from home and company offices located in Bannockburn, IL. Chicago-based staff travel to local client sites for meetings on a regular basis. Some out of town travel may be required throughout the year. Members of our team are mature, highly motivated self-starters who can focus on tasks through completion without significant oversight. Our work environment is collegial, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative. Gamma Partners offers competitive salaries, comprehensive medical and vision benefits, and generous paid time off allowances.
To express interest in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Direct applicants only please – no recruiters or agencies.